These protein balls are packed with superfoods and protein! What makes them the most fun is just about anything can be added to them and they can be customized exactly to your liking. I’ve used dates as a base which give them a nice creamy consistency and a natural sweetener. They are high in fibre and nutrients such as potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6. I have also added chia seeds which adds some additional fibre, iron and calcium. Another key ingredient I used is collagen, which is great source of essential amino acids and helps aid in protein synthesis. Therefore, these are a great pre-workout snack or even post workout!
1 cup Medjool Dates
1 Scoop Vega One protein powder
1 tbsp Organika collagen
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp organic natural peanut butter
2 tsp coconut oil
- Soak the dates in hot water for at least an hour to make sure they are soft.
- Add all of the ingredients (except the coconut flakes) in a food processor and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Form small balls about 1 tablespoon in size and roll between your hands until they are shaped nicely.
- Roll the balls in the coconut flakes until covered evenly.
- Continue until the mixture is used up (should make about 12, depending on the size)
- Place in the fridge so that they firm up. Double the recipe and they can be stored for up to 2 weeks.